Senior / Lead SAP BASIS Administrator
Limerick or Dublin
A SAP basis Administrator is responsible for Installation and Administration of different SAP landscapes. Plan the resources, system sizing for various SAP implementation & upgrade projects. Build and implement multiple SAP Strategy/ instances of SAP environment (development, test and production) using Oracle/HANA database and Unix/Linux.
Additionally, this role includes managing all aspects of SAP Security including but not limited to role maintenance activities, adherence with segregation of duties requirements and user administration tasks.
- Install and maintain a diverse set of SAP Systems on platforms that include Oracle (or HANA – future) databases, and UNIX/LINUX operating systems.
- Maintain effective system maintenance procedures to ensure smooth, uninterrupted system operation.
- Ensure SAP Systems, the data within the systems, and the data transmitted to and from the systems are secure from all untended access. Systems must comply with corporate security standards that continually evolve to counter all threats.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of information residing in SAP systems through SAP Security functionality.
- Ensure compliance with security methodology, design requirements and Security Policies and Procedures
- Assist in Definition of and the Standardization of all SAP Security and Segregation of Duties related policies, procedures based upon industry standard practices, experience, and business needs.
- Communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop and implement system copies and data refreshes as required to support development schedules
- Work with project teams to provide basis support in the planning, execution, and delivery of SAP applications.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Operations and other Infrastructure teams for resolution of issues found in the production environment.
- Work with SAP Support organization in the investigation and resolution of incidents.
- Install and support non-SAP products that integrate with SAP including OpenText Enterprise Information Management products, Loftware (label printing), HP Output Management System, and other products that may run on either UNIX or Windows platforms.
- Lead and support activities related to an SAP upgrade
- Perform SAP client administration (create client, copy client, delete client, export/import client) as required. Monitor work processes, user workload, disk space, database tablespaces, background jobs and spool requests.
- Resolve issues by analyzing system logs, short dumps, locks, developer traces and system traces etc. in the system.
- Implement the required patches to resolve any vulnerabilities
- Evaluate Early Watch/Service Level reports and come up with an action plan to address the gaps on an ongoing basis.
- Utilize different performance monitoring tools such as CCMS, DB cockpit of ABAP and JAVA to work with application developers for performance monitoring, tuning and performing root cause analysis and correct inefficient SAP and database operations
- Implement and support SAP Security changes including management of users, developer keys provisioning, control of privileged accounts, assignment and management of roles,
- Implement and maintain authentication and authorization controls in SAP systems and components
- Communicate technically and coordinate with peers and leaders in the Database administration and UNIX organizations
- Develop and refine best practices for the Basis Administration group.
- Create document for all the processes for future reference.
- Lead & Mentor the junior basis resources
- Additional opportunity to prioritize work across multiple projects for delivery coordination with project timelines for yourself as well as other colleagues and/or contractors.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Business Computing or related field
- SAP Basis, NetWeaver or any other SAP certification
- At least 3 years’ experience in configuration and support of SAP Basis
- At least 3 years of experience in Use Methodologies in Developing/Supporting Solutions
- At least 3 years of experience in Use Programming Languages
- Firm knowledge of SAP ECC6, SLT, SAP Security, SAP NetWeaver and its components, including SAP Gateway and SAP PI/XI, SAP Portal
- In depth knowledge of SAP Basis on multiple SAP environments
- Proven experience with SAP upgrades / conversion / migration, installation and validation of SAP enhancement and support packages
- Extensive experience in administering ECC 6, Solution Manager and ABAP/JAVA systems
- SAP System performance and tuning skills and experience
- SAP Systems administration and operations management experience
- Knowledge of SAP encryption implementation options
- Experience with Netweaver configuration on both ABAP and Java stacks, including: STMS, ICM settings, SAML2, SSL configuration, configtool, and NWA
- Strong working knowledge of IT infrastructure administration, Network, OS, virtualization, and advanced hardware concepts
- Strong working knowledge of system administration and application administration procedures, not limited to SAP
- Knowledge of Database (Oracle, SQL or HANA) – HA and DR activities, and backup and recovery scenarios
- Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Communicate effectively both horizontally with peers and customers, and vertically with management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter with strong initiative and a sense of urgency
- Ability to handle multiple demands with drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- We are not able to accommodate international relocation.
- SAP HANA certification
- Experience with SAP GRC Access Control suite of applications (Risk Analysis and Remediation and Super user Privilege Management)
- Experience with Global manufacturing
- Experience with SAP data archival projects
- Experience with EDI transaction sets ANSI x12 and EDIFACT and the related communication protocols