Senior Java Developer
This Senior Software Developer role requires a strong foundation in software development, support, data structures and databases. The Software Developer will work a project team of experienced developers and architects and ensures that designs and quality are meeting our Client’s requirements. The Software Developer will be involved from sprint planning and see it through deployment. This role understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the successful developer.
Applicants must have strong core Java skills gained in a business environment along with the following technical skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions (preferably recent experience in SpringBoot rest services)
- 3+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) delivering production components in a business-critical software environment following agile principals.
- 2+ years’ experience SQL/Oracle
- 2+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Experience in delivering enterprise solutions with Spring Framework using Spring boot, JDBC Security and Micro services
- Proficiency with Git, JDBC, SQL database-stored procedures and isolation levels, JPA, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP) and XML, messaging (Kafka)
- Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
- Proficiency with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Jenkins, Build pipelines, GitFlow, etc)
- 4-year College/Master’s degree preferably in computer science, software engineering, information systems, mathematics, data analytics or statistics or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in front-end and back-end work