Our client has an immediate requirement for a Senior DevOps Engineer. Our client is a leader in cutting edge technologies and offers challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to progress their career.
A Senior DevOps Engineer will provide technical & hands-on leadership to create an Operations environment that supports enterprise SaaS systems deployed across many multi-tenant clients with close to 1,000,000 end users. This person will work with the Application Hosting partners, Product Development, & Support teams.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and documentation of systems, automation and configuration to support an environment that hosts customer and development operations in public cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS. The environment will include system and application components that support line of business functionality, metrics collection, alerting of critical and non-critical events, dashboards for technical and business review, and other telemetry/instrumentation required to meet or exceed customer SLA’s. The environment will be developed using industry standard development techniques, built with industry standard technologies including Java and Microsoft .NET.
Candidate must have strong leadership, communication and technical skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment. The ability to handle aggressive timelines and focus under pressure is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS PaaS and IaaS services
- IIS server administration
- Tomcat server administration
- Node JS server administration
- Source code management (Git, TFS, SVN, etc..)
- Windows server administration experience
- Linux server administration experience
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, Servlet/JSP, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Experienced with scripting in PowerShell, Azure xplat cli, or similar
- Experience with scripting languages including Bash, Perl, Groovy, Ruby or similar languages
- Experienced in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing, implementing and maintaining required server components and automation scripts to host continuous integration/continuous (CI/CD) delivery processes suitable for large-scale, cloud-hosted applications
- Experience developing standards, methods and tactics to manage development and runtime environments focused on speed, consistency and strong security controls for web-based e-Commerce systems
- Able to design and document internal processes for the Operations team to manage, maintain, and evaluate production systems to meet or exceed customer SLA’s
- Demonstrated proficiency with troubleshooting techniques and detail-oriented problem diagnosis.
- Demonstrated abilities to convert operational business needs into technical functional design requirements
- Experience working in public cloud infrastructure
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated presentation skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Familiarity with server and network technology, including virtualization, storage systems, databases, switching/routing, TCP/IP, load balancers, and firewalls
- Familiarity with diagnostic troubleshooting and monitoring tools, monitoring/management applications, including developing data collection points, log compilation, dashboard development, and automated alerting systems