SAP Functional Analyst – PP, MM, SD, or FICO
Limerick or Dublin
Our client is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for opportunities as SAP Functional Analysts.
SAP Functional Analysts for Production Planning (PP), Materials Management (MM), Sales and Distribution (SD), and Finance and Controlling (FICO)
- As a SAP System Analyst role you will be responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. You will work hands-on writing software or solutions, based on detailed requirements and system specifications.
- Additionally, you will enhance existing software and/or develop new software solutions to address specific needs or solve business problems. You will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. You will develop your skills further by working closely with more senior developers to ensure code alignment with design patterns/frameworks.
- Responsible for the functional (business) requirements gathering and validation, functional design and documentation of SAP solution components, configuration and validation (testing) of the SAP Solution for appropriate applications/modules with a focus on PP, MM, SD, or FICO
- Work as part of a regional or global project team and assist the project manager in successfully delivering solutions following proprietary IT Solution delivery methodology
- Lead and support the SAP functional needs for SAP upgrade and Archival projects, including business and functional processes gap analysis (including customization), documentation and configuration and adhering to requirements of different SDLC methodologies available (including Agile).
Qualifications and Required Essential skills:
- SAP certification relevant module – PP, MM, SD, or FICO
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant SAP IT Project delivery and/or Business Analysis experience (at least 7-10 years of experience is preferred)
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience (proven participation) on ECC 6.0 SAP upgrade and Implementation projects (from requirement gathering through support and transition to sustain operations)
- Proven experience on SAP configuration in SAP PP
- Significant experience on Manufacturing domain, with expertise in the end to end Production Planning business processes
- Business facing experience (preferably in a manufacturing industry) – running the requirement gathering workshops, solution design presentations, conducting user training,
- Experience of delivering solutions in a regulated environment with internal and external standards (SOX, Internal controls, various country related legal requirements),
- Hands on experience with PP (incl. configuration, designing and testing non-standard functionalities: RICEFW = Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, Forms, Workflows),
- Practical experience with project delivery methodology (ASAP, SAFe, Prince 2 or other relevant for SAP projects)
- Experience with defining and testing SAP security roles/authorizations
- Practical experience with at least one middleware for interface handling (SAP PI, Sterling Commerce, Connect Direct),
- Excellent communication skills (English – written and spoken),
- Structured and analytical mind,
- Ability to coordinate tasks and priorities across multiple projects,
- Team player – ability to work with others to achieve common objectives.
- Minimum a Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Business Computing or related field
- Experience with programming in ABAP, Java, Python, .NET or other languages (facilitate design discussions or issue resolution with the development team)
- Experience with EDI transaction sets ANSI x12 and EDIFACT and the related communication protocols
- Understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and software design
- Knowledge of in memory (HANA) databases
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools (including DevOps)
- Experience with SAP upgrades to S/4 HANA
- Experience with SAP Automotive solution – VMS (Vehicle Management System),
- Experience with Open Text products (document management, archiving),
- IT/SAP consulting background,
- Certified BA (e.g. BCS-ISEB certification),
- Certification on one project management/IT solution delivery methodology (AGILE, Scrum, ASAP, Prince 2).