Product Manager, API & Data Platforms.
We are looking for an inspirational Product Manager to lead the API and Data Platform initiatives. You will have the opportunity to transform our ecosystem by shaping our API strategy and building strategic relationships through integrations. This is a cross-functional role, collaborating closely with Product Development, Business Development and of course Product Management teams to reimagine the API experience for our clients, partners and developers.
Our Client is dedicated to bringing innovative solutions to the higher education space. We serve thousands of clients, with some of the most recognized universities across the higher
education space. The ideal candidate embraces open platforms, is passionate about partnerships, fluent in modern technology stacks and holds UX/UI as a top priority.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Create a playbook for strategic partnerships and their associated product lifecycle ecosystem
- Define and launch an API platform with data-driven insights that deliver a best-in class solution
- Work with existing 3rd party integration partners to ensure we provide a seamless experience
- Manage integration onboarding and developer experiences, including development on client or partner portals
- Partner with engineers, solution architects and product owners to simplify the integration experience
- Work with Business Development and Sales to identify and grow key technology partnerships
- Maintain a robust roadmap for our partner integrations that aligns to our strategy and delivers against our goals
- Collaborate with Documentation teams to deliver an exceptional user experience, dissecting existing technical and API documentation
- Ensures that business vision and goals associated with feature sets are communicated clearly to the engineering and sales teams and that delivered products address business value
This is Our Ideal Candidate:
- 8+ years in a product management role
- 5+ years experience in developer platforms, marketplaces and API solutions
- Experience with Data-as-a-Service delivered via APIs
- Success building and launching API platforms and programs
- Ability to make progress with requirements are not perfectly defined
- A mixture of technical, business and interpersonal skills to work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers, management, vendors, partners and the
- Has an aptitude for gathering data, analyzing and applying metrics to make informed decisions
- Can conceptualize features and functionality from idea stage to implementation and communicate complex information to different target audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline