Mainframe Developers – Permanent – Limerick or Dublin
Exciting opportunities for experienced Mainframe Developers to join our clients Development team to create and enhance some of the industry’s most innovative and complex systems. This team develops and delivers global scale software solutions and comprises industry-leading developers, architects, and designers who use various innovative development methodologies and technologies to successfully deliver solutions, drive business results and increase customer satisfaction.
You will develop quality code to build and support our client’s critical business software solutions. You will work hands-on developing code and participate in multiple and varying projects. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new solutions that add business functionality and solve critical business problem. This role will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral…), and the application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process
- 5 years’ experience writing COBOL, PL/I, VM/MVS, TSO, VSAM, DB2, IMS, CICS, Online Legacy Development, CA-7 Scheduler, Endevor (or another source code control system such as Panvalet), IBM Connect Direct, MFTP, zOS Connect.
- Hands on experience supporting business applications across multiple geographically distributed locations
- Proven understanding of security, efficient code reuse, and software design
- Practical experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Proven track record of designing and building complex business solutions
- Demonstrated experience working with object-oriented programming (OOP) and design principles
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical field
- Expert knowledge of developing; maintaining and debugging live software systems & code optimization.
- Expert knowledge of development tools & program documentation standards.
- Provide mentoring/advice, training and technical support for various projects and co-workers.
- Possess excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on verbal and written communication.
- Understand code-quality analysis results and remediation mechanisms
- Understand security risks for applications and code remediation techniques
- Appreciation/Understanding of hardware/operating systems.