This an excellent opportunity for experienced IBM Mainframe Systems Programmers (IMS and/or DB2) to join a Global Organisation and work on the design; delivery and management of enterprise scale systems for a leading American Multi-National brand. You will work with the Global team and responsibilities will include continuous automation; performance optimization; master scheduling and driving best-in-class availability across the IBM Mainframe estate.
Experience in some or all of the following:
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Db2 and/or IMS Systems Programmer
- Highly skilled with many of the standard z/OS tools: TSO/ISPF, JCL, VSAM Utilities, SDSF, SYSLOG, IEBCOPY, DFSMS, etc. Experience coding JCL, use TSO/ISPF panels to edit/maintain PDS libraries etc. Db2 and or IMS knowledge and experience with: recover, back up, diagnostic, and other utilities.
- Experience with Db2/IMS commands to start/stop Db2/IMS; alter buffer pools, perform recovery, list threads and determine their status, manipulate Db2/IMS connections with other subsystems (including CICS, Db2 etc).
- Experience with Db2/IMS and associated product system installs, upgrades, de-installs, application of maintenance/patches etc and knowledge of Db2 and or IMS security.
- Proficient with SMP/E (commands, terminology, problem determination). Ability to use SMP/E to apply maintenance, perform installs, and maintain SMP/E environments.
- Understanding of IBM Db2 SQL Performance Analyzer and IBM Query Monitor or CA Unicenter Suite of Products.
- Experienced with REXX and CLIST programming.
- In depth understanding of the z/OS subsystems, JES2, FTP, SDSF, CA-1 (or equivalent), DASD Storage concepts and the command usage relating to these system components.
- Working knowledge of IBM Z Workload Scheduler or CA-7.
- Strong ability to utilize system diagnostics to arrive at problem solutions (Messages and Codes, dumps, console messages, etc.)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) or associated work experience in related area.